5.29.2012

Dinner is Served!

I went to NYC for the long weekend with some of my g-friends, camera less. Some blogger I am. I figured someone would bring a camera and someone did, and she took lots of awesome pics that I will share when she shares (hint hint). 

On the return trip from Minneapolis we stopped and picked up our completed custom table. I had never met the Artist, Adam Croft, and only through many emails and samples and examples, he created the table top that I had envisioned. The truth is, I was a little nervous that I wouldn't like it as much as I hoped and the interaction with Adam would be awkward. The reality is, I LOVE IT MORE THAN I COULD HAVE IMAGINED. Plus, Adam was cool, calm and confident in his work and took time out on Memorial Day to wait around at his studio for me to arrive via my MapQuested directions (this girl rolls camera less and smart phone-less).

Breaking it down with the pics...

The samples of finishes he created for me. I chose A with a little bit of D.
 Our dining table in waiting.
Hauling home our new table top. We aren't afraid of a little rain.
This table stretches to a whopping 10 feet. Since we don't live in a castle (insert pouty lip), we ordered a 70 inch table top that would work perfect in our house.
My employee waiting for me to snap some 'before' photos. Also, a good photo for you to see that the table leaf is not a match.
Ready?


Isn't it fantastic? I swear, it's even better in person. 
I was planning on painting the chairs, but I am glad I waited. I love how the metal and wood look together.

Who wants the artist's digits? P.S. He's pretty cute!
The chairs surely need a seat makeover and guess who bought some fabulous fabric at Mood in NYC ? I did. I did.
In case you don't know because I didn't, Mood is the fabric store that they use on the show Project Runway. My gfriends are big fans and I love fabric so it was a perfect pit stop!
Potluck at the Lovely's!


I am sharing this on Home Stories AtoZ and Tip Junkie and Snap and WhipperBerry  and Miss Mustard Seed and Tatertots and Jello because I love it so much!

4 comments:

  1. I was really interested in this as I could not picture what you wanted. Now that I see it, it is truly glorious! I love your vision! (And I want the digits If he is willing to come see me in Afghanistan)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glorious, right? I love it too. I am sure Adam would love to come to Afghanistan:)Who wouldn't?

      Delete
  2. I love the new look, Nikki! Truly amazing and can't wait to see it in person. Love you...Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Beautiful new look. And you are right, with the wood, it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete