4.18.2013

Chandy x2

I have been eyeballing some shiny chandeliers and making plans to convert and hang them in our big room as a fancy pants light source. The Lovely's are nothing but fancy.
You can see in these pics the lamps that I regretfully purchased a short 2 years ago.
These lamps are a product of my rash and impulsive phase.
I found some affordable sparkly chandeliers at gallery802 and ordered 2. They arrived in pieces and wired for a ceiling mount.
I bought some swag light kits at HD so we could rewire and plug them in, no electrician needed. 
This little change made a huge difference. This was the finishing touch that the room needed.
The shinier the better. 
Why don't they make energy efficient chandelier bulbs?

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, the chandeliers complete the room! They are really beautiful! The photo of your family dressed up is both amusing and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do make CFL in a candelabra! They are nowhere near pretty, but we have them in ours over our breakfast table. They grow on you, though. Kind of a modern twist.

    ReplyDelete